Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ramblings of our day!

During Parker's morning nap Paige and I have been playing card games and flashcards to practice her numbers 1-25.  She does great until we hit the teens, ad then she gets a few, mixes up a few, and makes up new words for a few.  We have been ending our practice time with flashcard.  For every number that she gets right she gets an M&M.  Today she got 17 out of 25 M&Ms.  Not bad!
We also visited the zoo today since it was free admission.  Granted it's not a spectacular zoo by any means, it was a nice afternoon for a walk.  Here are some pics of our afternoon.
I the past 24 hours Parker has learned how to climb stairs.  Last night I went up stairs after putting his pj's on to grab his bottle, and not even 45 seconds later he had followed me up the stairs.  Funny because I'd never even seen him attempt it before.  Anyway, every chance he gets ....up he goes. He makes it to the entryway, goes to the garage door, pounds on it, and yells DADADAD.  Apparently he thinks thats where Corey is when hes not home. Then Gunner gets all worked up he thinks that Parker knows something he doesn't, and that Corey really is out in the garage.  So I've been seeing a lot of this...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Lawson needs to work on some letters still before K. I'm totally stealing this idea! (I may try pennies, too!) Thanks!

Life Is Great with Eight said...

Paige.... U tell your Mommy she is an over achiever! After all... we only test #'s 0-20 in K! :) LOL

No... just kidding around! That is awesome! GREAT JOB Paige... You'll be the top of your K class, I'm certain of it!!!

Becky said...

Good job Paige, the zoo looks like fun and love the pics of parkers little but and gunner at the door!