Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Buddy!

Wow!  A year has passed since you entered our lives.  Your birth, although later than I wanted, was calm and uneventful.  Every moment since then has been anything but calm and uneventful.  You added joy to our lives that we never knew we needed, you added stress to our lives that we never knew we wanted,  you added love to our family that we never knew we had room for, and you were the perfect gift that we now can't imagine life without. 

Happy 1st Birthday Little Man.  We love you so much!



Although I'll wait and do you stats and achievements after your doctor appointment on Thursday, I thought it might be appropriate to list some things your daddy and I have realized about your personality.

1)  No means no, but it can also mean I'm going to watch you while I do it again, and maybe you won't notice that I'm still doing it.

2)  Teeth are for biting, but after I get in trouble I'll just go after you like I"m going to bite you and lick you instead.  GOTCHA!

3)  When you tell me no because I stuck my finger up your nose, I'll stop...but I'll just pull your hair instead!

4)  I run on a motor  and NEVER quit moving....but when my gas is out I'm done.  It doesn't matter where we are I'm DONE!

5)  I can do whatever I want to the puppy and he has to let me, but if he makes a wrong move he gets kicked out of the house!

6)  I am a great eater, I'll try anything and usually like it.  If I don't I'll just let it ooze out of my mouth slowly for maximum effect.

7)  I am loud in everything i do.  I'm loud when I'm happy, irritated, sad, or mad! 

8)  No matter how mad I am at you for putting me in my bed to go to sleep, I will be SO happy to see you when I wake up.  All smiles!

9) The best (ONLY) time to get me to cuddle with you is right away when I wake up in the morning.  Quiet house = quiet snuggle time on the couch!

10)  I LOVE my bottle.  It will be hard for mommy to take it away!  I have no nuk, I don't suck my thumb, but my bottle makes me squeal at the sight of it.

11)  I love all people.  I crawl over to random people I don't know and want them to pick me up!

12)  We get the most smiles and giggles out of you when you are home and relaxed.

13)  You already love to bother your sister.  You want to play with whatever she has, you want to be in her room all of the time, and you giggle for hours on end when she tries to make you laugh!  She loves you and calls you "Little Dude"

14)  When you are out and about you are a very serious little boy, but at home you are all smiles all of the time.

15)  We always knew we wanted you, but we never knew how much our family needed you. 

We Love You Parker!

6 comments:

Kaity said...

Happy Birthday Parker!

M. Holland said...

Ahhh! So sweet! Can't believe a year has already went by! Crazy! Looks like you had a fun birthday party Parker! Can't wait to see what your mom comes up with next! :-)

Becky said...

very sweet nicki and Happy Birthday Parker!!

Life Is Great with Eight said...

Nicki... You have SUCH a way with words. :) Beautiful post for Parker on his 1st B-Day! Your children are so lucky to have this blog to look back on as you share such sweet memories, and precious moments! Love it!

Erin Rae said...

WOW time flies. Beautiful post Nikki, you are such a good mommy and Your children are so lucky. Happy Birthday Parker.

Dana.stansbery said...

Happy Birthday Parker!!