Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Best BA-CATION Ever

This weekend we had what Paige referred to as, "The best BA-CATION ever."  We took daddy to Detroit Lakes for the night to celebrate Father's Day and have a little family time.  We stayed at the Holiday Inn so we had the best of both worlds - a pool and the beach outside!

Paige, our little fish, was in heaven and went NONSTOP from noon on Saturday until 11 that night when she passed out on the bed!  She went from the pool, to the beach, and back to the pool again without stopping to think.


Parker, our land shark, was really a trooper too. He slept about 15 minutes on the way there and then stayed awake until about 3,  took a little snooze and then was up until he finally settled down at about 10.  He still isn't much of a water bug, but I think it's more the splashing and fountains that freak him out.  We eventually just took him in with us, and although he did settle in a bit - I don't see competitive swimming in his near future. He definitely preferred when we filled a bucket for him to play with on the side - especially when he realized it was just like Gunner's water dish!.  He must have played with that for a couple hours! He did love the beach and was so good playing in the sand.



At about 7:30 we ran we finally slowed the kids down enough to feed them a healthy meal, McDonalds, :)  and then Paige went back to the pool and Parker to his bucket for another hour or so before we forced baths and movie time on them!


It was funny because Corey and I put the kids in the room at about 9.  Paige on the bed and Parker in his pack and play, turned on a movie, and then went outside to the pool (we had poolside rooms) and ate our supper.  We checked on them several times, but the last time we peeked in Paige was sitting on the edge of her bed with her feet hanging into the pack-n-play.  Parker was leaning against her legs with his head on her lap and they were just sitting their watching the movie.  So cute!  They were both so exhausted but neither would give in!

Today we had planned to stay most of the day and get some more beach time in, but by check out time at noon both the kids were TIRED.  So we just came home.  I think mom and dad were tired too, but neither would admit it!  This is what the kids looked like after baths as I was finishing packing up the room to leave.  Can you tell why we decided to just call it a day :)


We did have such a fun time. And with better parenting we probably could have made it a little longer, but with the nonstop swimming, lack of naps, late bedtime, early wake time, and all sleeping in the same room, it just didn't work out!  We'll learn!

It's funny because we have a January trip to Sand Diego booked, and all I could think today was - yikes that's going to be tough.  But it was probably good that this happened. Now I'll know that I have to go easy on the planning, and make sure the naps and bedtimes get scheduled into the week.  Then again.... they'll be SOOO much older by January I'm sure we'll have nothing to worry about right?

Happy Father's Day Daddy!  Hope you has as much fun as we did!  We love you!

1 comments:

Tiff said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! Glad everyone had so much fun!! I like Parker's haircut too... he looks so grown up :-)