Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Home Sick!


Today I stayed home with mommy, and most of the day was good....
1) We went outside and played bubbles with Gunner, and he didn't even use me as a chew toy!
2) I got to take a three hour nap on top of mommy (not sure which one of us enjoyed that more)
3) Daddy and I played stickers while mommy ran to town for more medicine
4) Daddy, Gunner, and I played fetch and bubbles until the mosquitos got too hungry!







Other parts of the day...not so good!
1) Woke up with a 102 degree fever, wanted to do nothing but lay down and watch cartoons until the motrin finally kicked in.
2) Went to the doctor for my 18 month appointment (although mom probably would have taken me even if she hadn't already had the appointment). This event deserves a list of its own...
a) Wasn't feeling well to begin with and didn't want to do anything but cling to mommy, and then they wanted me to sit on a cold scale, and then they put this tape around my head. I mean really, is there ever a conversation where someone asks you, How large is the circumference of you head?? Not really necessary...
b) Then the doctor came in and poked and prodded while I screamed bloody murder. Mommy spent the entire time holding me down while he tortured me. Really, what did I ever do to her??
c) Then the doctor looked at my throat and discovered I had a contaigous virus that caused open canker-like sores in my throat (which explains the crying fits and loss of appetite) No medicine to treat, but I have to stay home at least two more days before going back to daycare...Why I'm not sure, I'm sure they gave it to me in the first place!
d) When I thought it couldn't get any worse, in walks a nurse and stabs me in the leg with this HUGE needle, and mom just stood there holding me down again!
Needless to say, I was happy when we left that place. As we walked out into the lobby everyone was staring at us. Mom thought it was because of my bloody murder screams, but I just figured that they liked my outfit!
Well that was my day. It had its ups and downs, but overall I seem to be feeling ok most of the time. I'm enjoying that mommy and daddy are letting me eat all the ice cream, sherbet, and pudding I want! Doctors Orders!!!
Here are my 18 month stats:
Weight 22 lbs (25%)
Height 30.5 in (25%)
Head ( I know you're curious now) 18.5 in (75%)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the stickers make you happy...
Make sure you use some to decorate your bedroom walls. They would look very nice next to the flowers.

Keep an eye out for the mailman. he may have some really nice ones that would be great for decorating in the living room or kitchen...
Be sure to take pictures so I can see what you have done with them...
LOVE Grandma

Amy said...

love the stickers!! she couldn't be any cuter!

Unknown said...

Grandma...

Thank you so much for the care package. It made me feel so much better. I haven't used your stickers yet, but I love the placemat! Very cool!