We had another first this week. Paige started swimming lessons at the YMCA. So was so excited after we signed her up. Every day when I picked her up from daycare the first thing she would say when we got to the car was, "Mommy I so excited for swimming lessons. My teacher is going to teach me to swim on my back and go underwater. We go now?"
I was glad when the day finally came that we I got to tell her "Yes, we can go now!"
If you've ever seen Paige swim you know that she is NOT afraid. Never has been. I was more concerned because she "thinks" she can swim by herself. She's always had her Speedo swimsuit on and that keeps her afloat, so without anything holding her up I was afraid she would just be a little too over confident and not realize she would sink like a rock.
Well once again, Mommy was wrong. She was such a good listener, did everything the teacher asked including sitting on the step and waiting her turn. She's already gone underwater, jumped in, and practiced floating on her back many times. Most of the kids in her class cry when they have to get in the water at the beginning of class, she cries when she has to get out! Chas of course thinks she's too advanced for this group, but I think she fits in just great. Especially the part where she has to "Wait her turn and listen to her teacher." That's a hard skill for our little princess!
Friday, May 1, 2009
Swimming Lessons
Written by Unknown at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Kim says.... Good job Paige. Keep up the good work, someday you can be a Life Guard just like mommy was.
Post a Comment