Friday, May 1, 2009

Never a Dull Moment!

Recent Conversations:

Conversation #1

Paige has recently been getting into trouble at daycare during nap time. She has been talking, singing, getting off her mat and bugging others, and then running back to her mat when she hears Kim coming down the stairs. She then "pretends" to go to sleep. Which I'm sure she's really convincing at. So this is a conversation we had in the car on the way home from daycare.
Mom : Paige Kim told me you got a time out after nap time again." Is that true?
Paige: Yes I did
Mom: Well how come? You know you're supposed to go right to sleep when Kim says.
Paige: But mom, I was just messin around!

Conversation #2

Driving in the car. She's in the back watching Dora on her TV
Paige: Mom I did it.
Me: What did you do?
Paige: I turned it to a different Dora (using her foot)
Me: How come you turned it?
Paige: That other one is too boring.

Conversation #3

Driving in the car after swimming lessons. She's getting hungry and whiny.
Paige: EHHHH EHHHH (trying to get my attention so I grab her juice cup from her.)
Me: Paige, you need to use your words, don't just whine because I don't know what you want.
Paige: I not whining mom, I just going EHHHHHHH EHHHHHH
Me: Okay then :)

Conversation #4

Well although sleeping downstairs is going really well, we still have a little bit of a problem until she actually falls asleep. One evening after she had been downstairs for about 30 minutes she comes upstairs dressed in her princess clothes. Heels, crown, necklaces.... It's obvious she's been out in the family room playing instead of in her bed.
Mom: Paige get to bed
Paige: But mama I forgot to kiss my prince goodnight.
She then proceeds into the office to give daddy kisses. I suppose he should take advantage of it while he can. He won't be her prince forever:)

3 comments:

Eric and Kayla said...

I love #4! What a little sweetheart you are!

Anonymous said...

Kim says..... Times like that you should have on camera.. Bet you made Dad really proud Paige..

M. Holland said...

Oh Paige you are too funny! Love the stories. . . keep them coming!