Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 4


I didn't really think that Parker payed much attention to "Sugar" the elf, but first thing this morning he comes up the stairs and starts looking around.  After a bit he says, "where my elf mama?"  I guess he is enjoying this a bit too :)

Also a story about Paige....

Last night after Paige was supposed to be in bed she comes upstairs to tell me a story about school. This is common because she is trying to prolong bedtime.  She starts out by saying that the counselor had been in to talk to her class, and she learned all about "hot-fuzzballs."  I'm confused and thinking - what is she talking about?  She goes on to tell me that people are supposed to give people hot-fuzzballs to other people because it makes them happy..  I'm still confused and thinking - what are they teaching these kids????  She goes on to say that you should NOT give cold pricklies to people because those make people sad.

I look over and Corey is chuckling because he heard the story earlier - but he heard the correct version so he knew exactly what she was talking about.  That's when I started to understand.  So I asked her..."Honey do you mean, warm-fuzzies?"  Yeah mom, warm fuzzies - that's it.  I started to laugh and she says, "Mom you shouldn't laugh at Ms. Glass, it's not very nice." Yes, honey - I was laughing at her :)

So take Paige's advice and throw someone a hot-fuzzball today, and make their day a little better :)

1 comments:

Amy said...

Made me smile. :)