Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 3 - Hollywood

The kids spend Tuesday with grandma and grandpa at the resort.  They swam, napped, swam again, went to listen to a singer, and had one cookie.  At least that's what Paige said she did all day :)




 The "big" kids headed to LA.


 Hollywood that is....


Here we visited the walk of fame.  We were all excited to see this, but it was short lived.  Honestly we were pretty disappointed because it wasn't as exciting as were were expecting.

 We posed with the stars....


 And yes...that is the REAL Spiderman :)


 Then we got as close to the famous sign as we could from Hollywood Blvd. Tiff and I wanted to relive the episode of 90210 when they drove up to the sign on graduation night, but no one else thought the hour drive was worth it.


After Hollywood, we went on to Burbank to be part of the audience of "The Tonight Show."  We were really excited, but soon realized that the process of being part of a studio audience is not very glamorous.  It was more of what I imagine cattle hearding to be like.  Once we did get into the studio it was pretty cool to be a part of the show, but I'm not sure I would do the whole "being herded around " for three hours again. We heard we didn't make TV the night, but it was still fun.

We left LA right in the middle of rush hour, and realized that is the ONE thing we think Fargo wins out on California for.  It took an hour and a half to go 25 miles, and I had to pee!

Another day full of sunshine and fun, I'm sad to see these days passing by.

1 comments:

Megan said...

I SO agree about the walk of fame. Its in such a yucky area, I swore I was going to get mugged while I was there. But its still fun to experience!

Enjoy the warm weather!!