Saturday, December 12, 2009

NIght Number 1

Are you dying to know how the night went.... I figured you were :)

Well lets just say it will DEFINITELY get worse from here. I did hit a few kinks though so if anyone has ideas let me know.

Parker slept until 12 and then I heard him awake. I struggled to know if I should wait for him to get upset or go down and feed him right away. I decided to feed him right away. I gave him 4 ounces while he layed in his crib (my arm was sore after that). He was almost asleep when I finished but by the time I got back upstairs to my room he was wide awake on the monitor. I listened to him talk and then at 12:30 he quit. No cries just slept :)

He then woke about 4:15 and I struggled to know what to do. I could tell his diaper was really wet, he was wide awake, and ready to go. As I have heard by many people that if you start the intervals and you give in; you might as well start over. I know I was setting myself up for failure if I left him in his crib because a) he wasn't even drowsy and b) he was soaked! So I got him up changed him and brought him upstairs. Not sure if it was the right thing to do, but I figured he has already slept for 9 hours so I should be happy about that. Maybe the middle of the night feeding should be our first focus and then deal with the early wake time.


Morning nap: Keep in mind he does this at day care daily so it shouldn't be too hard...
Gave him a bottle. When he finished I put him in his crib awake, but I could tell he was tired. After five minutes the crying started. Waited a minute and went in. Turned him back over to his back, suck his nuk in, said nigh-night, and left. Still crying when I left, waited 3 minutes. Went in and repeated the drill and left. He cried until minute four of my next five minute interval and then fell asleep. Took an hour nap and woke up happy.

Stay tuned for more of this thrilling saga! PS you may want to stop reading the blog for a few days if you find this dreadfully boring.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Good Luck Nikki! I'm in awe of any one who attempts the CIO method as I still remember how hard it was for us - and it never did work :) I'll be thinking of you and sending you moral support!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Peggy. I know I was a little concerned how he would handle it, he kinds of has a tendency to freak out when he's ticked off. But have to give it a shot!