Sunday, December 6, 2009

Don't Judge Us!

Now I never claim to be a perfect parent, but this one makes even me a little ashamed. But I'll share it because it made me laugh, and lets be realistic you guys like to hear stories that make us look bad. It just shows that Corey and I have some room to grow in the parenting department.

Sitting in church today after Paige had already attended Sunday School. Pastor Corey was asking for prayers from the congregation. One little boy raised his hand and wanted a prayer of thanks for Jesus's Birthday coming up.
Paige: "Jesus's birthday" Then getting really excited and looking around "Who's Jesus"
Later in the car
Paige: "Is Jesus's birthday going to be at our house?"
I then tried to make the connection to the Jesus she talks about in Sunday School being the one who's birthday was on Christmas, but I don't think she got it :) She's just really excited for that birthday party.


This next one is a conversation we had during breakfast after church. The football cheerleaders were on TV in the background...
Paige -When I get big I want to be cheerleader, No I guess I want to be a milk squirter.
Mom - What? A milk squirter, whats that?
Paige - You know pull and squirt, pull and squirt (Imagine her using her hands like shes milking a cow)
Paige - Pull and squirt, and then the pee comes out.
Laughing I then explained that it was milk and not pee that came out.
Paige - Yeah I want to be a milk squirter and a a cheerleader!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, Paige. You'll have to come visit me at my house--being a milk squirter is definitely not as glamorous as being a cheerleader!!! Although, I'm sure Mike would gladly appreciate your help, as I have very little interest in being a milk squirter myself.

Eric and Kayla said...

Ahahhaha! That is some funny stuff! Where on earth did she come up with a "milk squirter"!