Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Last night!

Have you been checking back waiting for an update?????

We're making good strides, but this isn't a QUICK process, thats for sure!

Last night he was pretty tired when we got home from daycare. So I put him in his crib after he ate some veggies. He fussed once, but then I went back down put his nuk back in and he rolled over and went to sleep. I had Corey wake him up an hour later at 6:30. We then kept him occupied until 7:30 when he was losing it fast! I gave him his bath, put his jammies on, and then fed him a good serving of rice cereal as a bedtime filler. By 8 he couldn't last any longer so he drank his bottle, went in his crib, and went to sleep with no fuss. I heard him up fussing at 11, but by the time I was getting out of bed to check on him, he had went back to sleep on his own :) Then at 1:00 he was up again and crying. I went down and gave him 2 ounces of milk, he was not really evening drinking it so I pulled it about an ounce in and gave him his nuk. I went upstairs and warned Corey that the next hour might be rough because he was fussing. But apparently we all fell asleep because I didn't hear him again. He was back up at 4:45 and I got him up, changed him, fed him his full 5 ounces and he went back to sleep until 7 :) Tonight I'm going to try to NOT give him the middle of the night bottle and see if he can make it until 4. Baby Steps....maybe by next week we'll be working on extending the 4 o'clock feeding later and later :)

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Yay for Parker! You're doing great. And so are you mom :)

M. Holland said...

Those are some great strides Nikki! Sorry I was so consumed by my rotten morning that I never asked you how your night went! You will have some set backs, but it looks like things are going in the right direction for little Parker!

P.S. Jason like the Santa idea. . . we might have to give it a try tomorrow! :-)