Well it's been a busy weekend for all of you new bloggers out there. A special shout out to my cousins Adi, Grady, and Tyson...
I thought I would extend a few words of wisdom to all of you new to the blogging world:
1) Blog weekly ~ if you don't you start getting rude comments from grandmas, aunts, and random people you don't even really know because they are soooo curious to know what's new in your exciting life.
2) Set your blog up to allow anonymous comments, you will be amazed at how lazy some of our relatives really are.
3) Don't feel that it has to be a really exciting event in order to post, seriously...the simple things in our lives like getting a haircut, just amaze these people. They just eat it up.
4) Get a blogging personality, don't let your mom and dad sway your opinions. People don't care what they think, everyone is on OUR side!
5) Obey the unwritten blogging rules. Some of us, Megan for example, had to learn the hard way that using references is important. Be original, obey copyright on other blogs, and most importantly- if you want comments ~ you have to make comments!
Well as the founder to our family's "kid blogs," I would like to welcome you all to the blogging world.
Good Luck and Blog On...................
I thought I would extend a few words of wisdom to all of you new to the blogging world:
1) Blog weekly ~ if you don't you start getting rude comments from grandmas, aunts, and random people you don't even really know because they are soooo curious to know what's new in your exciting life.
2) Set your blog up to allow anonymous comments, you will be amazed at how lazy some of our relatives really are.
3) Don't feel that it has to be a really exciting event in order to post, seriously...the simple things in our lives like getting a haircut, just amaze these people. They just eat it up.
4) Get a blogging personality, don't let your mom and dad sway your opinions. People don't care what they think, everyone is on OUR side!
5) Obey the unwritten blogging rules. Some of us, Megan for example, had to learn the hard way that using references is important. Be original, obey copyright on other blogs, and most importantly- if you want comments ~ you have to make comments!
Well as the founder to our family's "kid blogs," I would like to welcome you all to the blogging world.
Good Luck and Blog On...................



5 comments:
Good job!!!!!!!!!!!
Paige - a fine list of blogging advice, however, as the founder of our family's adult blogs, I do have a few things to add:
1. You shouldn't tell people when something they do will go on your blog - 'cause then they will tell you "no" - its better to just post and deal with it later.
2. Always carry a notebook with you so you can write down blog ideas when you get the inspiration.
3. Don't talk too much about drinking on your blog, or your mom will think you are an alcoholic (this may not apply to children's blogs, but hey - this is the Nodland family so you never know).
Thanks for the advise Paige, you are a hard act to follow. Well I promise I will comment more, now that mommy taught me how to use the computer.
I better get back to bed, mommy thinks I am sleeping -shh . . .
Kim says...
Good advice to all the other bloggers.. I agree with the one about blogging weekly. I look forward to being able to check on all the happenings of all the little people we know..
paige, Thanks for all the great advice, I will try to blog once a week at least to keep the family happy!!
Post a Comment