Saturday, October 13, 2007

City Kid Visits the Farm ~ A Picture Diary

Today mommy and I took Aunt Tiff to the Pumpkin Patch since she never got to go there when she was little. I was in a very serious mood so you won't see many smiles, but I learned a lot about life on the farm. I spent a lot of time just watching, and I really wasn't in a picture taking mood. Man...mom annoys me sometimes with that darn camera!

When we first got to the farm mom wanted me to walk through this maze of hay. Not impressed..I don't really understand why people would think that is fun. I think we'll just skip this area!


Ah...now this is what I'm talking about. A slide! Now I'm in my element!

Really though, they didn't even get the slide right. Instead of steps they use that hay stuff again. Don't they understand that I don't like getting my hands dirty. Every step up means another time that I need to pick all of the pieces of hay off....

I like the teeter-totters too....We probably should have just went to the park.

I liked the horses as long as there was at least five feet between us. We have what one would call a long-distance relationship.
They had this really cool sandbox filled with corn. Mommy really liked the idea so I'm sure next year I'll have my turtle on the deck filled with corn instead of sand. Then daddy will make fun of her, and we'll all laugh. Ah, good times!

Mommy and her photo opts...these were by the far the worst part of my day. What's that you say about crossing the path of a black cat? The kitty was my favorite I liked to chase her and pet her when she'd stay still long enough.

We took a hayride out to the pumpkin patch (a bunch of pumpkins on the ground, no vines or pumpkin field in sight) and we each got to pick out our pumpkin to take home. A lot of them were too heavy for me.



Finally mommy and I found the perfect one...

Here is Aunt Tiff and I waiting for the horses to pull us back to the farm...

Seriously people...does this look like a natural shot?




After we dropped Aunt Tiff off mommy and I went to McDonalds to pick up supper. I ate one apple, threw my nuggets on the floor, dipped my fries in ketchup and then screamed because mommy wouldn't eat them, and spilled my chocolate milk all over myself and the floor! Well worth the $4.50 happy meal.

Well it looks like that apple went right to my mid-section...

Oh well, I'm still cute! A day at the farm is great, but overall the city life suits me just fine!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had one fun filled day Paige, Love the pics, she has such a great smile!!

Tyson said...

Looks like you had fun, but next time tell your mom that you want French Fries, they are way better than apples

Anonymous said...

If Mom didn't take all the fun pictures we wouldn't be able to see how cute you are!

Hope you had fun. What are you going to be for Halloween? A princess?

Aunt Rita

Anonymous said...

This sounded like a fun filled day, I am sure that Mom will be waiting to do this again.

Anonymous said...

Kim Says:
Well Paige, yes you must be a city girl.... But looked like you still had fun..