We decided to get away for one last weekend before mom started work and I started daycare. Camping was the decision (although no one asked my opinion) so on Friday night we headed to Roy Lake State Park in SD. Thanks to Grandpa Elroy we had a camper instead of just tent. Although we knew that the weather could be a little cool in the 70s according to the forcast, we weren't ready for the rain. Friday night was good, we didn't get ther until about 8:00 and I was sleeping by 10. The rain came about midnight, or so I heard ( I slept right though) and didn't leave until about 5:00 Satuday evening. We spent most of the day cooped up in the camper. Dad tried hard to keep his cool with us most of the day, and he succeeded pretty well. Mom, on the other hand, had a few really touchy moments. She would get crabby, and dad would take Gunner and I away for awhile, and by the time we got back she seemed ok again. Not sure what she did while we were gone, but it seemed to work. When I got up from my nap about three, we went into the closest town (Sisseton)because mom didn't have anymore dry cothes for us. We went to the nearest ALCO and I everyone got new sweats and I got two new movies and a new toy ( I think they were trying to keep me busy!) When we got back to the camper it was nice out, and we had a very enjoyable evening. Good supper, nature hike, campfire, and Gunner and I in bed by nine. Although I got my second wind when mom and dad got back in the camper later. Sunday we got up and it was raining again, so we packed up and left. Mom was ready to go...
It was a fun relaxing (most of the time) weekend. Here are some pictures, nothing great but it's pretty much our weekend in a nutshell...




Sunday, August 19, 2007
One last "summer weekend"...or should I say our first "Fall Weekend"
Written by Unknown at 5:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment