This is attempt number one for a holiday craft - only the first of many up my sleeve.
Hopefully the stamina holds up though the holiday season.
I got this idea from a blog (not sure which one) and thought it was perfect because I had a crib (that I am done using) sitting in my basement waiting to have a purpose in life once again. I also used some printables from one of my favorite blogs "eighteen 25."
I started by making the banner and sent off for a print for my frame.
Then out came the crib base which will become the main structure of my project.
With a can of red spray paint in hand, outside I went with my base and new frame....
Next I used clothes pins and modge podge to create clips that matched my print and banner.
I had intended to have this hung, but after realized how heavy it was I decided to spare my walls and just prop it against the ground. I figured three weeks isn't worth putting two huge holes in my wall.
So now I just need Christmas cards to fill it up!



6 comments:
Cute idea! I like it!!
sooo cute love it
i love reading other blogs and my new passion is pinterest.com have you checked it out??
If you mean in the last five minutes, actually no....but YES LOVE pinterest. "My name is Nikki, and I am addicted to Pinterest"
Kim said.. What a cute idea.
Nikki!! I LOVE this!! So, so cute!! We have our Christmas cards displayed on something similar and just leave it up all year!
And we got your sweet card today. So cute! But seriously girl... it's still November! You're making the rest of us look bad! ;)
I saw on pinterest, a crib recycled into a really cute desk for the kids (with a chalkboard tabletop)
Post a Comment