Saturday, March 12, 2011
Kindergarten Here I Come!
There are some perks to having kindergarten screening at your mommy's school....
1. I can call my "kindergarten screener" by her first name because she's mommy's friend and my daycare pals' mommy.
2. Everyone knows me by name so there is no reason for me to be nervous.
3. When someone comes in to snap my picture during the screening (which isn't normal) I know it's just mom's friend, Mistie (another kindergarten teacher and fellow scrapbooker), who I say hi to by name.
4) There is no one to blame but mom when I don't know how to draw a diamond, when I call my waist my tummy, when I forget that my ankles are called ankles, and forget to draw ears on the person I drew :)
With the exception of those skills I knew everything I needed to know to go to kindergarten in a few months. I'm so excited and so ready to be at school with mommy everyday. Although I'm not sure mommy's ready to give up her social freedom before and after school and have to keep track of me!
Way to go Paige. I'm so proud of how smart you are and how fast you can soak up information and hold it forever!
Disclaimer: I'm also proud of our daycare provider who taught Paige everything she needs to know for kindergarten screening because mom is quite a slacker in that area :)
Written by Unknown at 7:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Paige is so darn cute! I knew she would do a great job at screening! She was so proud and excited too:) Way to go Paige!
Wow! Such a big girl already!!
Post a Comment