On Sunday Parker turned two months old. Although time has gone fast, it's actually hard to remember what life was like without him.
We went to the doctor on Tuesday and found out he was healthy as a horse. Here are his stats....
Height - 23 1/4 inches
Weight - 13 lbs 13 oz. :-)
Head -42 cm
Although he is the top of the charts for everything, I think it's funny that his head is "soaring off the charts." What does that even mean? That he'll be really smart or that he will be forever know as "melon-head" ????? Oh well whatever it means we love him anyways!
Parker fills his days in a pretty normal routine. Sleeps, eats, smiles, coos, and stares at the mobile on his playgym, gets cranky, and then goes back to sleep. We do quite a few rotations of this during the day. Every once and a while we throw a little tummy time in there, but he could really do with out it.
Although one blog-gworthy night he slept really good, the last couple have been not so good. He's normally up about three times between 8 and 6:30 and STARVING. I mean you could try to sneak a nuk in every once and awhile, but even in the wee hours of the morning there's no tricking him. He wants a full 4 ounce bottle and won't settle for anything else. I think he will be my baby that starts cereal at three months because I just can't fill him up :)
Our doctor still has him on Zantac for reflux and it works great. One night he fell asleep before taking it and woke at 12:30 with the raspy cry that cued us into the problem in the first place. I feel good knowing the medicine I'm putting into his body daily is working. We are also still fighting thrush. That ailment will probably be the death of me, but at least it isn't seeming to cause him pain at the moment. Hopefully one day we will get the best of it and never have to deal with it again.
Parker switched to formula about two weeks ago and is doing great with it. We quit the breastmilk to see if it would help with some gas and tummy issues and it did. I know breastmilk is STILL best, but just not for us :) Mommy stopped pumping, but still has a lot stored up in the freezer. Once he settles into a god routine with formula I'll probably give him a bottle a day until it's gone.
On a last note the picture taken today is a milestone. Parker is asleep, in his CRIB, on his BACK, and has been for an HOUR! I know I just jinx-ed myself again :)
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Parker - 2 Months
Written by Unknown at 10:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
his 42 head??? now I know that isnt inches.... would you please specify!!!!!!!! or was that a typo on your part???
I'm guessing its cm but they didn't write a label. No not inches!
They surely grow way to fast. Hard to believe he's already 2months and Bennett's almost 3 months.
Kim said..... Life is good.
Post a Comment