I've been waiting for summer for the simple fact that during the school year I simply don't have enough hours in the day to wash a load of sheets daily. In all honesty this was more of an accountability chart for mom and dad who tend to be lazy about bedtime. Sippy-cup to bed, not brushing teeth when were in a rush, and not making potty a priority so....
Week one we started this chart and it was great! She loved filling it out and at any mention of doing her chart she wanted to go to bed. Even if it was the middle of the day. We also made sure that she didn't get anything to drink at least an hour before bedtime. Week one was great....not one accidents and she was very limited in the times she'd come upstairs after putting her to bed. One thing that helped that was that she doesn't get to put her last sticker up until morning because it means she "Stayed" in bed.
Now we're on to week 2. She is just as excited about her chart, she has been staying in bed for the most part, but I've had to do laundry 3 out of the last 4 nights. I'm not sure where we went wrong. I'm definitely not giving up, but I'm a little frustrated. I'm thinking part of the problem is that she takes so long to settle down and actually go to sleep that she often spend two hours in her room before falling asleep. The one night she didn't have an accident I went down to her room after an hour and made her go to the bathroom again, but that actually got her moving again which wasn't a great idea. The worst part is that she's actually quite dry by morning already so I think she's wetting the bed the first part of the night. So I guess we'll just keep trying and hopefully we figure out the problem.



1 comments:
When Sophie was at this stage, I used to go in before I went to bed (a few hours after she had been asleep, usually) and just pick her up and carry her to the bathroom. She would never really wake fully up, but as soon as she sat on the potty, she would go, then I would just carry her right back to bed. Maybe a better job for Daddy, since carrying her probably isn't so easy for you right now?! :)
Post a Comment