Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Proud Mommy Moment????

Well, let me start by saying that lack of superivision from mommy's parts is basically the reason for the story. But I just have to say, I was tired and really just wanted to go to bed, my bed!


Last night after a long day of work and parent teacher conferences, Corey got called out to work again at about 8:30 (poor guy.) So that left Paige and myself at home to get ready for bed. Ever since Paige has been moved downstairs she has a hard time going to sleep. We've basically been laying beside her until she falls asleep, and then she's fine. Well I didn't really feel like it last night so I took her downstairs, turned her TV on "sleep mode" for a bit, and told her that mommy was going to bed and she needed to as well. Okay I know all you moms of the year out there would have never actually gone to bed while you're child was still awake, but like I said, "I was tired!

So upstairs I went and got into bed expecting at least 5-6 interruptions in the next hour or so. First time she comes up, "Mommy I forgot to brush my teeth." She was right, so down we went to brush teeth. Second time. "Look mommy my face is all clean." Apparently she had spent the last ten minutes in the bathroom washing her face. Super. Took her back down stairs where I see she is coloring in a new activity book while she watched TV. Fine, I'm going back to bed. Went back upstairs and back to bed. Third time, She comes up to my room and says "Mommy, look what I did." It was dark so I asked, "What did you do?" Her reply..."I covered all of my boo boos." I tell her to turn on the light so mommy can see. This is what I find.


So I get up, take her marker from her and tell her that markers are for paper not legs and socks. And what does she say.." But mama I made polka dots on my socks." Well okay then...I guess that makes it okay right?

Well I took her back downstairs and told her it was time for bed, and if she was a big girl and stayed in her bed until morning, she would get a treat. Never saw her again, just took a little chocolate coaxing!

Just a note...I took the pictures this morning. I didn't want the severity of it to be dimished by me saying "No more writing on yourself, but lets take a picture of it anyway." :)

And one more thing...This morning we talked about it one more time as we sat in the bath and washed, and the lesson she learned in her words..."No more markers for Paigey I only use crayons!." Fine, I'll take it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love poka dots..........

Anonymous said...

Kim said... Nikki, you lead an exciting life... Someday your life will be boring like mine so enjoy it now.

Barb said...

I have to agree with Kim that you lead an exciting life. I'm so glad that you and everyone else blogs so that we can all enjoy the excitement that you bloggers share with us!!!!