Friday, March 27, 2009

Feeling Helpless and Bored!

Well as the flood fight continues not even ten minutes away from us, Paige and I are on our third day sitting at home just trying to stay out of the way. We're trying to stay out of town because they have asked all unimportant traffic to STAY HOME! Dad, Chas, Chad, Tiff, Kayla, and Joel are all in the middle of it; just waiting and hoping the water is controlled by the dikes they have helped build themselves. They are busy getting their homes ready for the worst, but still hoping for the best. Meanwhile...pregnant and three year olds need not apply for sandbagging, so we sit and watch the TV announcements and hope to update them with something they don't already know. Hopefully I'll get some pictures posted soon, but because I'm home and not out and about, I don't have any myself. As of this morning our school in Casselton was declared a Red Cross Evacuation Shelter, so who knows how long we'll be out of school. They were expecting about 1500 evacuees to that site at some point. Keep everyone in your prayers during this very unknown and scary time.


So...this morning we entertained our selves getting mail ready for all of our friends. Paige spent a lot of time lining them up at the door so that we wouldn't forget to mail them later today. Hopefully it cheers them up.We also cut and painted our toenails. I cut and she painted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing everything in Mapleton is okay? Glad you guys are safe, hopefully Chad & Chas will be okay. How many days of school have you missed this year?

Anonymous said...

Nikki,
Thanks for the updates, I am sure that your feeling helpless, but I am sure that just having a friendly face and warm place to go to will help.
Please know that we are all praying for everyone that it isn't as bad as they are predicting.
Please keep us informed

Unknown said...

Yes, we crested a couple days ago with no problems for us. So at least we can be an evacuation site for the rest of the family. We have missed 8 days with today plus basically next week now that Red Cross took over the school. I think the last three and next week will all be forgiven though. HOPEFULLY, or I may be having a baby during the school year yet!