I remember growing up as a kid in Beulah. Twice a year I'd visit Dr. Lee's office for my dental appointment. I'd fit a cleaning, floride treatment, and a few cavities into a 30 minutes session.
Now, nothing against those in the dental field, but seriously, an hour and a half for a CLEANING???? So my question for the evening is......
Is it really necessary to....
1) Touch the gum above each tooth in three different spots (yes three spots per tooth) and grade it on a scale from one to five
2) Then graph the above mentioned spots to show where I've improved my brushing, and areas I've regresssed in.
3) Make me eat a plaque-staining pill to see my "problem areas"
4) Make me watch a video on the importance of good dental hygiene during pregnancy.
5) Wait thirty minutes for the dentist to take a 20 second look in my mouth for problems.
6) Take a 20 question survey about my 'healthy' outlook on dental hygiene.
SERIOUSLY!!! I think I'm going to call Dr. Lee tomorrow and see if he is accepting new patients. Even with the three hour commute, I think I'll end up saving myself some time in the long run.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Are you kidding me?
Written by Unknown at 8:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Too funny. I've had them do the number thing on my teeth, but that's it. It all sounds a bit extreme. Maybe it is time to find a new dentist.
Post a Comment