We had a fabulous and HOT 4th of July get-away! We had everything a family could ask for extra days off, extended family, a lake, lots of food, and tons of fun. Although we do this every year, this year was even better - at least in mom's eyes.
You see my kids, although they have their moments, are actually getting to the age when I can take time to enjoy myself instead of constantly being at their beck and call. Besides a daily nap and bedtime (very late bedtimes I might add) I hardly had to lift a finger. Oh besides lifting my long Island teas to my mouth while I read and finished two books on my summer list. Oh and I have this other amazing thing called "older nieces and nephews." Let's be real these older cousins are way cooler to hang out with than mom and dad....
We spent the majority of the weekend in the water
We got to go on a jet ski.....
Dad took us on the kayak....
It was so hot that swimming was a family affair - complete with diving for golfball contests....
There may have been some cheating involved but I think all of the teams won at least one round....
It was once again a great 4th of July with family -
too bad not the whole family could be with us this year!



0 comments:
Post a Comment