Along with the first week of summer vacation, we also had our first week of having Leah at our house. Now I love my niece very much, but I have to say having a baby in the house has been quite an adjustment for me. I have realized this week how easy my life has become having older kids. I had already started taking the little things for granted - like grabbing the kids spur of the moment and heading to town or the park or anywhere - catching a quiet moment by myself when the kids are having rest time. Then your throw a baby into the picture again, and all of that disappears :) You have to be a lot better planner for babies - When did she eat last, do I have enough time to get to town and back before she gets hungry - do I have everything I need to leave for an hour. So much to think about, but every day got a little easier and we should have her somewhat figured out before we know it! But along with that adjustment comes another smiling face, someone to snuggle with, and not to mention getting to watch my sweet little niece grow and change every day. So that makes all of the changes easy to take.
So here is what we managed on that first crazy week....
Lots of play time under the activity mat....
Limited (because she hates it) tummy time....
Not nearly enough of this.....
Sunbathing - without the harmful effects....
Outside time....
Painting Rocks.....
Bike rides to the post office and the park.....
Sand table time....
Playing toys.....
I have to admit with or without an "extra" kid the first week of summer is always hard for me and I tend to get a bit crabby - although I'm sure no one noticed :). It's hard adjusting to life with my kids ALL DAY - EVERY DAY. It didn't help that our week was all around crazy and Corey was gone pretty much every evening as well as all day. No adult contact is hard to get used to - especially when I'm used to seeing my friends every day at work. But I'm ready for week two and excited to get onto some fun summer activities like our weekly library trips and hopefully a few more trips to the gym than I had last week.



1 comments:
Leah had a great first week!! She can't wait to come back tomorrow. I hope she is good for you so you are able to get out and about a little more. And P.S. I LOVE that picture of Parker sunbathing.. so cute :-)
Post a Comment