Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Update!

I've been getting a bit of grief for not updating the blog, so I decided I better post even though I don't have much to say :)

Things around the house have be super busy, and I feel like time is passing at super speed.

Paige is adjusting well to school.  We have learned NOT to ask her about her day because it usually ends with her saying nothing and getting irritated.  She informed me one day last week, "Mom can you stop asking me about my day?  I'm at school for a long time and I just feel like relaxing when I get done." So the best thing to do is wait for her to offer information.  Eventually she brings up random things and tells us about her day. Like last night she randomly says, "Mom, did you know there is a fish named Melody in music class."  Turns out the music teacher uses a puppet that the kids have to sing to in order to get her to talk :)

She is awfully tired in the evenings and has taken a nap on the weekend on a couple of occasions in the past weeks.  Poor girl is extra tired from all of that learning!

Parker is adjusting to daycare.  This morning he gave me a hug and opened the door for me to leave which is a huge step compared to him crying last week.  Every morning in the car he is also is starting to say, "Mommy go work, Paigy go to school, I go Kims."

And only one pic for you today....The kids have been fighting a ton lately because they are tired, but one night before bed I caught them actually enjoying each other.  Paige was reading Parker a story and he was so happy to listen.  She would ask him questions, and he would answer her.  This went on for a good twenty minutes until they were back to their normal bickering :) 

1 comments:

Adi and Brody said...

wow sounds just like things around here lately; adisyn also doesn't remember much about school either so i quit asking too!! She is super tired but lovin every minute of it. Glad all is well!! nice pic too