Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mommy's Week!

Well it's that time of year again - Corey and I have the house to OURSELVES!  The kids are at grandma's and grandpa's for the week, and I am OFFICIALLY on summer break from work :)

After we got back from dropping the kids off in Beulah this afternoon I spent the first hour unpacking the car because I was sent home with LOTS of totes of things from the house that mom and dad want to get rid of before moving out in July.  Putting their treasures away just added a couple lines to my to-do list for the week! I have a feeling that the same thing is going to happen when I go to pick the kids up later this week - I'll come home with more stuff!

We then went out for a "quiet" dinner with Chad and Tiff before I checked the first thing off of my to-do list.

Clean Paige's Room 

I was excited to start here because of something grandma sent back with me.  A new quilt she "just threw together" for Paige's room :)  It is so cute, and the best part is that she used leftover fabric from Paige's green nursery bedding (which she also made) to make the quilt. I wish the lighting in my pictures were better, it just doesn't do it justice!






That little task barely made a dent in my list for the week, but I'll be back to show you more later this week.  I have a couple things I'm working on that are definitely blog worthy material :)

5 comments:

Tiff said...

Oh I love that quilt! Nice work Grandma!!

Amy said...

Gorgeous quilt! And how special that Grandma made it for her! Anxious to hear what all you accomplish this week! :)

Rita said...

Does this mean that grandma and grandpa sold their house?

Unknown said...

Pending sale...dont want to jinx it :)

Heather said...

I'm going to be honest - I was so blinded by jealousy after reading that you are on summer break already that I couldn't comprehend the rest of what you wrote. I'll try reading it again in 15 days, when I'm happily enjoying summer vacation, so that I can get the story on that cute quilt.