Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

 
Yesterday you were three - still considered a toddler. Today you are four - a preschooler.  I am having a hard time wrapping my thoughts around that.  You - well you couldn't be happier that this day is finally here.  Because as you say, "First you are four, then you are five and you get to go to school."  Well today you are officially one year closer to that goal.  But let's stop and reflect on what a great year three was.
This year I saw you become a big sister.  I couldn't be a prouder mommy thinking of the way you really embraced that role.  On June 14th you had 100% of mommy and daddy's attention, and then on the 15th you had to share it.  No one would have ever noticed because you are such a great big sister. From day one you understood that sometimes mommy and daddy have to help Parker a little which means they can't always play with you. You understand that he's just a baby and that the rules are sometimes a little different for him.   But...most of all you love your little brother like no one else could. 

Princess, pretend, and puppies were themes for you this year.  I can't even count the hours you've spent playing dress-up with your princess clothes, doll house, and pretend games especially with your "pet puppies." I don't know home many times a week I hear something like, "How about you saw a princess walking in the the forest and you thought she was beautiful."  Then daddy and I would have to respond by repeating the story you created as you acted it out.

Your gift of coordination has bloomed out this year.  You have a natural talent and love for gymnastics, and I am constantly amazed at how much your little body is capable of doing.  Daddy on the other hand has had some of his dreams crushed this year as you are taking more of an interest in the cheerleaders rather than the basketball players.  You never sit still and it's exhausting just watching you racing through the house, doing backwards flips off of the couch, and "ice skating" through the dining room.  I  hope your love of athletics continues to grow.

We have learned a lot about marriage from you this year because you have married your daddy at least twenty times.  What a sacred vow it is when you have to hold hands, walk slowly in a circle together, and then give each other zerbert kisses.  I don't think daddy would give it up for anything.  

The stories you tell and the things you do can make anyone laugh, and they do because I publish them for the world to see.  You have a wild imagination and lots to say.  Just last week, Uncle Chad was bothering you in your fort that he helped you build.  You disappeared downstairs for a few moments and then returned with a poster to hang up.  It was a picture of Uncle Chad with a line through it.  Underneath the picture you attempted to spell his name so that everyone was VERY clear about who was NOT allowed into your fort.  I don't know how many times I say, "Where does she even come up with this stuff."

Now it hasn't been all fun and games this year.  Our year started out with most afternoon conversations being.  "Did you have any timeouts at Kim's today."  and most of the time it was "No time outs mom"  Now it usually goes something like. "I only had ONE time out today mom."  Napping, not wanting to help clean up toys, and the occasional hitting have been the main culprits.  But its funny because no matter what the crime was, you can never quite "remember" what the time out was for.

And last but not least you are such a smart little girl.  I'm always amazed at the facts and knowledge you get from preschool, TV, and just watching the world around you.  Just last week you informed me that mammals have hair, they are warm blooded, and that they all have back bones.  You also let me know that there was no way Parker was a mammal because he didn't have any fur. :)


I am so excited you I have been lucky enough to be your mommy for four years.  It has been the best four  years ever!   I can't wait to see you grow up even more, but let's not let that happen too fast.

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Never forget how much mommy and daddy love you and the little lady you are growing into.

6 comments:

Eric and Kayla said...

Wonderful blog Nikki! Happy Birthday Paige!

Lacy said...

Happy Birthday Paige!!! I agree with Kayla. It was a very good blog.

BEcky said...

Awesome blog Nikki! Can u beleive she's four it seems so crazy! Can't believe how much she has changed in a year. Beautiful young lady you have there! Happy Birthday Paige!!

Rita said...

Happy Birthday, Paige! You are growing so fast.

Peggy said...

Oh how fast the years fly by! You are a wonderful little girl Paige and I am so happy your mommy shares you with us through your blog. Happy Birthday Princess Paige!!

Erin said...

Beautiful tribute to Paige, NIkki. Happy Birthday Paige.