Monday, November 16, 2009

5 Months Old

Yesterday Parker turned five months old.

Things I want to remember about this past month; since I blog instead of writing in his baby book!

1) He can now roll over both ways. I had to get out of bed twice last night because he rolled over to his tummy, got stuck, and was too tired to roll back, so he cried :)

2) He likes anything we feed him, but his favorite so far is carrots and oatmeal with applesauce. His tummy is having a lot of trouble with gas again recently so I'm going to try scaling back on the solids for a couple days and see if that changes things. He's especially gassy in the middle of the night and it's causing him to be up A LOT!!!!!

3) Nighttime is not our favorite time. We have regressed a lot in the amount of time we sleep since Parker has hit 4 months. We are often up three times a night and for long amounts of time. I have moved him back into my room trying to limit the amounts of time he completely wakes up by shoving his nuk in his mouth. The good news is that when he is up, most of the time he's happy just not ready to go back to sleep.

4) Screaming for attention is a favorite past time of his. When you leave to room or forget to talk to him, he'll let you know. He's becoming less and less content playing on the floor or sitting with you, I think the frustration of not being able to get where he wants is kicking in.

5) Teething is in full force. No teeth yet, but drooling is CONTINUOUS!

6)Bottle time is not the snuggle-fest it used to be. He spends half of the time jerking around trying to watch everything, and the other half playing with the nipple, talking, and trying to get away from you :) Good times!

7) He is a true Daddy's Boy. No matter how much fun we're having, the minute daddy walks into the room I'm no longer the main attraction. All eyes are on daddy and all smiles are reserved for him.

8) Although a lot of the above things sound negative, they are not...they just make life a little more challenging. We are having fun as his personality starts to show more and more. He is usually all smiles from the moment he wakes up until he's hungry or tired.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim said... Too cute.