Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend with Grandpa and Grandma!

My how things change... When Paige was born I never would have agreed to send her to grandpa and grandma's house when she was only a month old, but now.... Off they went on Friday afternoon with Chad and Tiff - who were going to Beulah for a family event on Tiff''s side.

I know...in a way I felt like a terrible mother, but deeper down I was excited for some rest. Not saying Parker is a difficult baby, but honestly he's not easy! He has a lot of gas issues and we're fighting thrush right now, which both lead to a lot of fussiness, crying, and lack of sleep for mom (and maybe some for dad too.) So when asked what I was going to do with my free weekend I responded, "Regain my sanity."


And I did... I spent some time with my husband grilling, a baseball game, Buffalo Wild Wings, shopping with Chas, house cleaned, laundry done! By Sunday afternoon I was excited to see me kiddos
again! Here are some pictures of their weekend away! Thanks mom, dad, Chad and Tiff!

Parker sleeping in bed with Paige
"It's too early Grandma!"
Lounging by the pool!
Entertaining Parker with his toys.Parker with Great Grandma

Ready for a ride to the park
Car ride home
Stopping to the the VERY big cow! A Little bigger than I anticipated!

2 comments:

Rita said...

We stopped by to see you on Sunday afternoon but heard that you went to Grandma's for the week-end. Glad that you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Kim said... My no need for Chad and Tiff to have any babies, they can just take yours... Good for you Nikki, bet it was nice but a little hard. I know Grandma loved it I bet. Grandpa too.