Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One day at a time!

Well it's been an up and down week her at the Wixo household...

Up - Paige and Parker had a get time at Grandma and Grandpa's house and Corey and I were refreshed and ready for a new week when they got home.
Down - By Sunday night at seven when Parker had been crying for an hour straight my refreshment had already disappeared!

Up - The "Purple Staining" medicine seemed to work well on Parker and by noon on Monday I could tell the thrush in his mouth was starting to bother him less.
Down - I stained 2 onsies, 2 bras (treating my end of the thrush), and a bathroom countertop purple in the process.

Up - Corey and I both had enough time and energy to get on the treadmill for a while on Monday night.
Down - Paige was mad because she couldn't stay up and exercise with us, so she colored ALL over her walls and headboard with markers while we were upstairs. I don't have pictures of the wall because it wasn't appropriate to get my camera while I was punishing her (Corey's words). The walls were washed for the most part, but I'll get a picture of the headboard and post it later.

Down - Parker was miserable all of Monday ( this has been going on for a couple weeks now) and I decided we needed to try something because the mylicon seemed to do nothing for his gas and fussiness. He cried and cried and nothing helped, poor little guy
Up - Called a chiropractor and found out that I could get him in the following day!

Up - The chiropractor gave us some great ideas, adjusted Parkers back, and sent us on our way until next week with homework to do every time Parker ate.
Down - Learned from the chiropractor that Parker is "very tight" and has definite colic symptoms -and that although he usually see results within a week with infants, said it would probably take two for Parker - poor little thing!

Up - That afternoon Parker was very content. He actually layed on his belly awake for almost and hour. Played on the floor for awhile. Overall just spent some awake time not being crabby and fussy!
Down - It didn't last - this morning he was miserable until he napped at noon. Then this evening he was a bit more content. Still doing the homework from the doctor and hoping we see improvements.

Up - My miracle blanket came in the mail today. It's supposed to help your baby sleep more soundly and longer because they are swaddled and can't wake themselves up as easily. We've been having trouble getting him to sleep anywhere besides his boppy, swing, and on us. He's been asleep in his pack-n-play without his boppy for an hour now. A miracle? Not yet- but I'll let you know!
Down - That miracle set me back $30

Well I'll keep you updated on what works and what doesn't, but until then here are some pictures of my favorite little guy and gal...


Notice Gunner in the background...he's been sitting out there staring at us since I kicked him out of the house two weeks ago! Too much shedding...
Content awake tummy time...
"I don't want to be in the picture..."

Too Cute...

5 comments:

Rita said...

Nikki, your kids are just so cute. Hope Parker feels better soon so you can enjoy your time with him.

Anonymous said...

Kim said.. Oh Nikki, I feel for you, but fortunately it WILL get better. Hang in there.

Lacy said...

I now how you feel about the older one never wanting to be in the picture when YOU want them too. Everything is always on their time!! Love the picture of Parker laying on the couch with his hands up by his head. TOO CUTE!!!

Peggy said...

Oh Nikki - reading your blog took me back 15 years! The colic, the fussing/crying, the chiropracter, even the shedding! It does get better, but while it's going on hearing that just doesn't make a difference. Hang in there - invite Chas or Tiff over and then sneak out when they're not looking :) Hope things get better for Parker soon!

Becky said...

Well even though he is a little stinker right now, he is pretty stinkin cute which makes a little easier when you look at him- when hes sleeping of course!