Now that I'm almost two, it's apparently time for me to start acting my age. It all started going down hill when I stayed with grandma and grandpa for a week. They were constantly try to get me to sit on the potty. I was there for a total of seven days, and I think four of them were spent on the potty. But I showed them....NOT INTERESTED!
Then I got back home and mommy and daddy had taken my crib down, and put this bed in its place. Now don't get me wrong I was REALLY excited, expecially for the DORA bedding (thanks Auntie Chas), but I wasn't really too sure about my new found freedom. There are good things and bad things about no longer needing a crib.
The Good:
* I can get up whenever I want to play toys...no more naps for me.
* When I wake up in the morning I can just hang out in my room and not let anyone bother me. Make myself some coffee and grab a couple books to read in bed.
The Bad:
* Mommy and Daddy are checking up on a me a lot more. I mean they keep interrupting my play time by saying, "Get back in your bed, its nap time. You go to sleep."
* I can't quite reach the door knob, so even though they can't keep me in bed they can keep me in my room. So if you ever come over and see my little hands sticking out the bottom of the door, don't think that I'm having fun....Get me out of there!






3 comments:
Cute bed, Paige. Looks like you are having fun with it.
Aunt Rita
Paige,
I have a couple of things that I learned about sleeping in a big kid bed.
1) You have to have fast reflexes - learn how to jump back into bed and lay down as fast as possible, when your parents BARGE into your room. They don't yell as much if you are laying down (or flying mid-air) when they come to check on you.
2) When you are ready to get out of your room, just knock on your door, over and over and louder and louder. Eventually they just get tired of listening to it and they will let you out.
3) It is way more fun (and safer) to play "5 little monkeys" on a bed that is closer to the ground.
4) You can collect all sorts of toys and books to sleep with. Stuffed animals need a good snuggle every now and again.
Tyson
PS - I like your Dora bedding, I just got some new Diego sheets and I love them!
What a pretty smile, It looks like you really like the new bed and bedding.
Post a Comment