My second Christmas has come and gone, better than the first one from what I remember! As mom began to take down the decorations tonight she thought back to month ago and all the excitement of the upcoming holiday...Excited to put the tree up, couldn't wait to shop for gifts, listening to the Christmas carols as the flooded the airways, and skipping to the mail everyday hoping for cards from friends and family!
Now the mood has changed, and a strong sense of annoyance follows her around....Dreading taking the tree down and packing the decorations up, never wanting to visit the mall again, carols not standing a chance in the car anymore, and the cards going downstairs to be analyzed and filed. You know the drill, kind of like Santa's naughty and nice list. Mark the spreadsheet of those you sent to indicating which ones sent back, add names of new friends that you got this year unexpectedly, change addresses of those that went to the wrong place, and mark a big red star of those that you sent to and you didn't recieve from. They are up in the air for next year's mailing.... YES...Christmas is DEFINATELY over!
But on the brighter side, here are some of the highlights on my "Best Christmas Yet" I have to say that I really enjoyed opening presents and gave a good show with my shrieks and hollars of excitement. I didn't even need to see the presents, just a box could set me off! My expressions were priceless this year, and reminded everyone why we go through all of the trouble of Christmas gifts!

Here is me getting ready for church on Christmas Eve. Make-up and all! Don't I look pretty?

We spent Christmas Eve at the Hotel with Daddys family. Every year we try to get a picture of us grandkids. This year I was the "problem." Your should see the photo where I crawled under Zayne's chair to bust out of there. Hopefully mommy gets a copy of that if anyone caught it on camera!

Christmas Day was spent at home with just our family. We had a fancy meal and I got to use all of the same dishes as mommy any daddy. They ate prime rib and I ate mac and cheese. Notice all of my farm animals got to eat with us too...Mommy let them because "Its Christmas!"
The next weekend we spent with mommy's family at Uncle Chad and Aunt Tiff's. We ate lots of crab and shrimp (I ate a peanut butter sandwich), played games, and opened ton of presents!
The next weekend we spent with mommy's family at Uncle Chad and Aunt Tiff's. We ate lots of crab and shrimp (I ate a peanut butter sandwich), played games, and opened ton of presents!Overall it was a great Christmas! I can't wait until next year!
Well...I'll end tonight with a picture of me and my loot. Yes, spoiled is a good word! Here's hoping your Christmas was as great as mine!




7 comments:
I can see that you were a deprived child this christmas... I am glad that they doll swing is still standing and not in the garbage can... You also look really pretty all dressed up for Church.
I agree with Mommy that the animals should be able to eat too!
Wow, Paige - you sure made a haul! Tell your mommy not to put a red star next to our name, yet. I still have to send cards out. We will have to come and visit next time we are in the area, so you and Tyson can play. He is going to have to learn that girl toys are just as fun as trucks.
Krystal
Don't worry I always consider circumstances before I mark a red star....giving birth right around the holidays is an obvious exception.
Nikki
Tyson,
Definately stop by when you come through next time, I love to play girl and boy games. I got a lot of cars for Christmas and a cool track, plus all the babies we need for a good game of house!
Paige
And I don't send my holiday greetings until January...February...or later, so don't take me off either.
Rita
I think your mom and dad are gonna need to add on to your house soon if you keeping making a haul like that every year.
Wow, you did good this year paige, and just think mom her birthday isn't that far off and more will be added. Loved the dress Paige you looked like such a little lady
Kim said.. Holy Cow Paige.... You must have been a very very good girl.....
Post a Comment