On Friday night Paige Came up to me and said "mommy stink." It was the first time she ever aknowledged that her diaper needed changing. So being the well-read mother that I am a bell goes off in my head, potty training time. Now Paige has had "some" interest in the potty already; watching mommy (privacy is a distant memory), watching Gunner and saying "Gunner potty," flushing the toliet over and over, oh and who can forget the time she brushed her teeth rinsing her brush in the toliet and then brushing again (no I didn't just watch and let this happen, I only caught the last second).
So after Corey suggested I get this done, I decided we could give it a try. I am still quite certain she's not ready, but I figure with Christmas break coming up I have two weeks to give it a start. So on Saturday I went to Target and got a potty. No bells and whistles like some have to offer, just an old fashioned potty. You would be amazed at what they have to offer out there these days, magic potties, ones that sing, and "royal" potties?????. After I got it home we took it out the next day to test the waters. She wouldn't go near it during bathtime, screamed when we tried to make her sit on it, and paid no attention to it. Later that evening we were playing in her room and I decided to just bring it in there to let her check it out. She ignored me at first, and then she said "potty, " but still she kept her distance. I went downstairs to do a load of laundry and when I got upstairs this is what Corey and I found.....
I guess she just needed some privacy!
Well they say one step forward two steps back...
One Forward ~ I got her to sit on the potty
Two Back ~ She won't get up and won't pull her pants up....
She won't put the potty back in the bathroom... (why would she, she can watch TV on it in her room)
Sunday, December 16, 2007
And so the adventure begins ... a post from mommy
Written by Unknown at 7:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love it Nikki, if only the rest of the world had your gift of words!
Good Luck with it. I hope you have better luck than us. I told mom & dad to bring Tyson back potty trained. Probably not going to happen, it is worth asking.
Way to go, Paige!
Post a Comment