Monday, October 29, 2012

The "official" Pumpkin Post

Well I don't know about you, but carving pumpkins is one of my least favorite holiday activities.  The past few years I have been able to get away with using Mr. Potato head pieces and painting, but this year Paige was determined that carving was the way to go.  

So after putting it off for weeks, we finally did it on Sunday afternoon.  And as expected the kids were grossed out and wouldn't clean the guts out - so I did.  They drew a face -but I had to do the cutting. And 3/4 of the way through they got bored and decided to go outside and play.  So I finished the pumpkins.  Corey and I then cleaned the seeds and roasted them- and then we cleaned up the mess.

Don't worry the kids came in just in time to see the finished product and say what good jobs they did!

But...as we all know you can make anything look like the perfect activity in pictures so here it is :)











And the highlight of the activity - the seeds were DELICIOUS!

0 comments: