I love my little blog, and I especially love to look back at this documentation of our everyday lives.
Now that I have had a terrible blogging month - I've decided to be a little more deliberate about posting more often. I'm also going to make an attempt to comment on the other blogs that I read daily too.
So tag along as I catch everyone up on what we've been up too........
I turned 34 this past month, so tonight you get:
"34 Things and Confessions You May not Know About Me."
My Job(s):
34. I am in my 12th year of teaching. Man that makes me sound old! Five years in 3rd grade, one year in 4th grade, and this is my 6th year teaching fifth grade.
33. I also work as an ELL (English Language Learner) Consultant for three schools. I am the state representative for ELL students for these three schools.
32. I took on another role in my school district this year, and I am feeling very overwhelmed about it. It's one of those moments in you life when you want to go back to the meeting and rethink your decision. I'm hoping that I"m pleasantly surprised and make it through the year.
31. Sometimes I'm jealous of moms who get to stay home with their kids, but then I remember how much I love my job and people that I work with. I think I get the best of both worlds - nine months working and three months at home to reconnect with my kiddos. And best of all a job that "restarts" every year - no matter what cards you are dealt - 12 months later you get a new hand.
Being a mom:
30. Being a mom is HARD. I worry daily that my kids are going to catch onto the fact the I have no idea what I'm doing, and that I'm making things up as I go along.
31. I have a lot of great ideas about things to do with my kids, and how to make our time together really great .... but then I get home from work and I'm tired - so a lot of those fun things never happen.
30. I'm a teacher that assigns homework, but as a parent I HATE HOMEWORK! It's hard to find that 30 minutes every night to make it a priority - I need to be better about homework, after all it's not going away :)
29. I wish I had 30 minutes alone after everyone left the house in the morning or 30 minutes alone before everyone came home at night. I would get so much accomplished....a load of laundry, wash a sink full of dishes, supper prepped, the house picked up. But in reality I leave with my kids in the morning and come home with them at night.
28. I am content with having two kids. They are two great kids, and I feel that we have been given more than we deserve with these two. We always planned to only have two, so I was so happy when we got to experience both a girl and a boy.
27. Do I ever wish I had another - honestly the only thing that intrigues me is wondering what sex the baby would be. If we were meant to be a family of five would the third be a boy or a girl? I don't want to do the whole baby thing again - I'm good with the way things are now. I don't think being curious about the baby's gender would warrant another one, so I guess we're done. Oh yeah and Corey says we are FOR SURE done :)
Being a wife:
26. On a normal day, I call or text Corey at least three times. I have nothing really to say and I think it annoys him, but I do it anyway just because I want to.
25. I make my husband lunch almost every morning. It's basically the same thing every day, but he never complains. I think he knows if he did I would just stop making it :)
24. I enjoy doing things with my husband. I would rather be with him than away from him in all social outings - except for Girls Night of course - who would I talk about then?
23. Corey and I got married on a beach -alone. The only people that witnessed our vows had no idea who we were - they just happened to visit the right beach at the right time. It was perfect in every way and I have never regretted that decision.
22. It is a pet peeve of mine when my husband makes kettle popcorn and doesn't do the dishes afterwards. It's silly - but the oily mess and the smell that lingers DRIVES ME CRAZY!
21. A night out for Corey and I usually consists of making plans to do dinner and a movie, and then never making it to the movie because we decide we'd rather just sit, have drinks, and talk. Very seldom do we make it to the movie as we planned.
20. We don't agree on the night that we met. I believe it to be one night at "The Ground Round," but Corey claims we met one evening out with friends before that, but I never gave him the time of day.
As a friend:
19: I love to scrapbook and even though no one ever looks at my books I will keep making them. Its my creative release and a link to my friends.
18. I've been in a Bunco group for several years, this year it never got restarted. That makes me sad - I hope this changes :)
17. Many of my friends and I read "Fifty Shades of Grey" this past year. Our conversations have changed immensely since that book release :)
16. Most of my friends are also colleagues - I'm a lucky girl. And they are the good kind - the ones that are always around, no matter what's happening in their own lives.
15. My friends think I'm super organized and I think they judge this solely on what my classroom looks like. It's funny to me because that's one room and I have 15 little helpers to keep it organized - my house/life is not the same - I am constantly feeling like I can't keep up.
14. I could sit for hours and talk with my friends with no agenda - I wish we did this more often.
13. I make my kids be friends with the kids of my friends because that means we get to do more things together. It's the perfect scenario!
Misc:
12. I want a maid, but I know I'll just clean before she comes because I don't want her to know how dirty our house really is. So..... really it's not worth it.
11. I love to decorate for holidays but by the time the holidays are here I'm ready to go back to my house of simplicity.
10. I try to do a load of laundry every day in hopes of keeping up, but it never works I always spend the weekend finishing. I hate laundry.
9. My kids go to bed really early. I haven't changed their bedtimes in years because it doesn't benefit me and my alone time. Should probably change that.......
8. I would choose a sweatshirt and jeans over dressing up EVERY day.
7. I drink creamer with a little coffee every morning. I get headaches if I don't :(
6. I love to read and can't put a "good" book down. Twilight series - one month / Hunger Games Series- two weeks / Fifty Shades - less than a month. Then when I'm done I get depressed because it's over.
5. If I could quit my job and do anything - I would become a party planner. I love to pick a theme and dwell on every little detail.
4. I also love to plan vacations - every last detail - forget spontaneity :)
3. I love to cook, but I hate to grocery shop - one is impossible without the other.
2. I had a massage this past weekend, and I've been sore ever since. I guess I need another one.
1. I've been blogging since Paige was 1 1/2 - she is now 6 1/2.



5 comments:
Loved this post! Thanks for sharing. I can relate to many!
Great list!
I didn't know you worked with ELL students...busy lady :)
loved that!! I can relate to a lot too, so thanks for that :)
I love this post! It makes me miss you although I see you daily. Also...Paige can skip on the homework a few nights. She is really smart, it shouldn't effect her ;)
Holy cow. Your job description makes me feel stressed! I like the creamer with a bit of coffee. :)
Post a Comment