As we drove out of the driveway this evening Corey reminded me I left the doggy door in, and therefore Gunner was free to run in or out of the house. I nodded and said, that's fine, we wont be gone long....
We drove to the restaurant at the edge of town and proceeded to have a nice start to our dinner. The kids played nicely together at the video games that weren't really on. We ordered our food and the kids sat down to eat. Eventually Parker finished and left ot continue pretend playing the video games in the area. Paige proceeded to talk our ear off about school as she ate. It was a pleasant conversation and we learned a lot about the "problems" troubling our kindergartener and the trials and tribulations of the playground at noon hour. It was such a wonderful evening and it was so relaxing and enjoyable....Corey even suggested we prolong the evening and order another drink. Let's just say we should have left good enough alone :)
As we waited for our extra drinks Paige decided she needed to use the restroom. Corey took her upstairs to the restroom and Parker followed behind. Five minutes later Paige returned unable to speak because she was scared by the ghost decoration on the bathroom door. She is a bit dramatic about Halloween and she shifted immediately from five year old conversationalist to 3 year old drama queen. Meanwhile Parker saw the stage and decided he needed to walk on it. He saw an acquaintance of the family and started talking to him. As I watched from a distance I noticed a conversation taking place. Two minutes later Parker return and the acquaintance came to tell me that Parker was given a mint that he had in his mouth. OK not a good idea in my motherly eyes, but whatever. I took him to the table and tried to convince him that he shouldn't eat it that he needed to spit it out in mommy's hand and not swallow it. Well he swallowed it before I could get it out and he started choking. I wasn't in total panic mode yet, but when he stood up and couldn't get any air through his windpipe the panic was emerging quickly. I gave his belly a little push and the coughing started...followed by the puking ....on me.... yes his entire meal :( I was so thankful that it ended in puking rather than choking but I was totally covered in puke. Needless to say our "extra drinks" were left untouched on the table! Corey went up front to pay the bill quickly..Parker was trying to calm himself down, but not sure what just happened...mommy was covered in puke and trying to clean up the area as best as possible before high tailing it out of there, but not before giving Paige the "eye" and letting her know that "MOMMY NEEDED HER TO ACT LIKE A FIVE YEAR OLD RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT WASN'T ABOUT BEING SCARED OF HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS, BUT INSTEAD ABOUT HER BROTHER PUKING ALL OVER THE PLACE." Eventually we made it back to the car.
Oh and remember that opening sentence about the doggy door...yes here it comes back into the story. In the one hour that we were absent Gunner decided to drag my couch throw pillow through the doggy door and rip it to shreds in the back yard. uhhhhhhhhh
As I stood in the shower washing the puke off of myself I just got the giggles and couldn't stop....life is so funny sometimes...it can just up and change in a second and you can't do a damn thing about it. I just wonder...what if we would have just been content to leave without that extra drink :)
Friday, October 28, 2011
Live and Learn
Written by Unknown at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Kim said.. Love the story Nikki..
How odd! We had a 'choking incident' our house this weekend too.....followed by puking. The scariest moment of my life so far! NEVER want that to happen again.
Post a Comment