Well I started my day with coffee and this riveting reading...
Paige Potty Recap
I armed myself with this...
And then we were off....
Parker has been interested in the potty for a LONG time. He goes potty on a daily basis and has for some time now - usually before bath and before bed time. He can go on demand so although he just turned two and is still pretty young, I decided I better get with it before he loses interest. And....since I ran out of diapers last night I decided today was the day :)
Stop reading now if the play by play isn't your thing ...
When he woke up this morning we went potty and put on real underwear. He was pretty excited and didn't want to wear anything else so I decided it was probably just easier to have him with less clothes on anyway.
8:00 We went potty and got a treat. Super excited about the treat and tried to sit back down three or four more times to get another one. No luck :)
9:00 Took a bath and pooped in the tub - nice! I told him that he needs to go potty in the potty and ot the tub. his reply, "K mom."
9:45 Spent some time fishing in mom's bedroom while watching the truck cartoon.
Cute I know.... but at 10:00 he peed in my bed while he was fishing :( Went to the potty and told him once again that he needed to pee in the potty and not mommy's bed. He replied, "D-per". So we put a pull up on him instead of underwear because he didn't want new underwear on. I didn't really want to do this, but I figured I better let him lead the way or it would become a battle soon.
10:30 Went potty and got a treat. His pull-up was still dry but he wanted to put underwear back on.
11:00 Saw me go into the bathroom so he wanted to go too. He went and got another treat. I know potty training may lead to some dental bills with this kid
11:20 Was puling at his underwear and said "d-per". Asked if he had to go potty an he said yes and went. Got treat and put underwear back on.
12:00 Came up the stairs saying potty. Went potty - got a treat and put on a pull-up for nap time!
I'd say we're having a good morning. This afternoon we are running into town because I promised Paige a trip to the library. So a pull up and frequent potty trips are the plan.



2 comments:
Good Luck Parker and Nikki, sounds like its a great start.
Good luck Parker! Sounds like you are doing great!
We have had my nephew all week and have been working on training. He is doing great too, but I forgot how much work it is!
Post a Comment