I've been pretty bad about taking pictures lately, but I wanted to record a couple things before they left my memory.
Parker... Thirteen months old
* He is getting his top two molars right now...need I say more?
* He says his rendition of "thank you" at the approriate time. So cute.
* He threw and hour long screaming fit the other day. 25 minutes in his crib because he didn't want to nap. Then I came to take him out because he was so worked up. He screamed for 35 more minutes because he wanted to let me know just how upset he was about it. I would pick him up and he would throw himself down. I would put him on the floor and he would want up. He was inconsolable and didn't know what he wanted any more. At one point he picked up his play barn, raised it above his head, and threw it at me. Not going to lie, it kind of freaked me out. Paige has never thrown a barn at me, and she's been around for four years. I tried to carry him around, play toys, nothing worked. Finally I gave him a cracker and he started to settle. Eventually he took his milk sippy cup and drank an entire glass of milk and ate like five crackers. I'm assuming he was hungry??? He is so easily frustrated because he can't let me know what he wants. Mommy was a bit frustrated too by the end of the whole ordeal.
* He is standing on his own and takes five to ten steps at a time. I am marking Sunday, July 18th in his baby records as his first steps. I wouldn't consider it walking yet because it's not very consistent, but it won't be long.
*Here's a gross one for you...
Tonight at the supper table he was trying to "do his business" and when I picked him up it was the worst explosion I've seen in the course of my two children. If you're a mom you know how teething effects the tummy and digestion. He was covered from butt to hair, it was all over the high chair, and on my hands and arms too, uhhh. I carried him downstairs and threw him in the tub. He was so mad at me because the reason he wanted out of his high chair in the first place was because daddy got home and he wanted to greet him at the top of the steps. Well needless to say daddy didn't come running with open arms, mainly because he was gagging like a four year old in the corner :)
* He is becoming the instigator in the sibling fighting more and more. If he sees that Paige has something, he wants it. If she puts it down for a second and walks away, he's always watching. He will race over there grab it. Then he crawls over to her to make sure she sees that he now has the toy. STINKER! If she takes it back he pulls for dear life, usually loses, and then throws himself on the floor screaming. Sometimes he'll just drop the toy and grab her hair, he already knows her weakness. It usually ends up with both of them crying, me taking the toy for the afternoon, and me locking myself in the bathroom for three minutes of peace :) I've been trying to capture these magical moments on camera, but I haven't gotten it yet. I'll post it when I do, it's quite a show!
* He is sleeping great right now. Morning nap 8-9:30 Afternoon nap 1-3 Bed 7:30-6:30! I've been thinking about trying to eliminate his morning nap, but the way he sleeps so soundly and consistently right now, he obviously needs the rest still, and I'm not going to mess with a good thing.
* He is finally off formula and doing well with milk.
* His personality shines through more and more everyday. He is such a fun little guy right now, loves peek-a-boo, pat-a-cake, and dancing with Paige.
Paige
* She is in swimming lessons right now. She got put in the wrong class (my fault), one level higher than she was supposed too - but she is doing great. She sees the other kids trying new things and doesn't want to be the only one not trying. She is already putting her entire head under water, jumping in, and going through the whole lesson without her bubble belt. All improvements from last year. This too I've been trying to capture on film, but most of the half an hour is spent trying to occupy a one year old, near a pool (there is no barrier between the viewing area and the actual pool), that he can't get into. Fun Times!
* I was lying in bed with her tonight because there was a fly in her room that was "driving her crazy" and I was trying to ignore her while she talked so that she would go to sleep.
Paige: Mom is the fly driving you crazy too? He's on the bed. He's on the blanket. Do you think chipmunks are adorable? I named my chipmunk nutty because he eats nuts all of the time. I met a new boy today. He knew my name. I asked him how he knew it and he said just because. He's the one in the grey goggles. I think his name is Tyler or maybe not. I don't know is name. When is it time to get up? Is tomorrow a swimming lesson day. My teacher is really nice. She knows all of our names. I wonder what her name is? What was that? Uhh That fly is driving me crazy!
Me: Yes honey "the fly" is driving me crazy too.
This one sided conversation came full circle back to the fly within two minutes. I finally said Paige I'm going upstairs because you talk to much and you're supposed to be sleeping.
Paige: K mom. Let me know when daddy gets home.
"Sure thing"
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Happenings at our house!
Written by Unknown at 9:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Lol! Love it! Paige always makes me laugh!
Paige is too funny!!!! She always makes for a good laugh. I so know what your talking about with the fighting sibling stuff. Sometimes I just enjoy watching to see what new things Bennett will come up with to do to Grady to get his way. Bennett gave up his morning nap about a month ago already, but I guess I can't complain cause he sleeps 12-14 hr a night and takes a 2-3 hr afternoon nap. You should really call the next time you are in the area. I would love to get the boys together.
I know...my mom mentioned it the first day we were back and then time just slipped away too quickly and we never got around to calling. At least we'll all be at the wedding, a chance for all the kiddos to meet!
yeah!! you guys will be at the wedding that will be awesome. Totoally love the bedtime conversation a nightly thing here as well- they dont forget anything and remember it at the most random moments usually when they are suppose to be going to bed or eating or during mom "quiet time" she always has so much to say
Post a Comment