Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Well this year turned out to be our best Halloween yet. After a little kicking and screaming while putting on the pirate costume, our holiday ended up being very enjoyable. You just have to know Paige and the way everything has to happen "in her own time." After two minutes of crying in her room the first time I made her put on her costume she came out and said, "Ok mama I done crying, lets go." Not another word was said.

She really caught onto the tradition this year. Would ring a doorbell and she would shout "treat or treat." Then she often would invite herself into the house and procede to take candy from the bucket. Although she has some manners to work on, each house was left with a very pleasant Thank You!

It was a lot of fun, but it ended just as fast as it began. She claimed she was done, and that was it! Too bad we still had to go to Aunt TIff and Uncle Chad's house. Let's just say she perked up a little when she saw the "(comparable to christmas size) Halloween treats.

We were also lucky this Halloween to have Lexi spend part of the evening with us. Thanks to mom (who forgot to check in her bag) she didn't have a costume, but she still had lots of fun getting candy!

Here are a couple Halloween photos for you to enjoy! Hope yours was just as good as ours!

6 comments:

M. Holland said...

Love your card! Too funny that we downloaded the same paper! Great minds think alike!

Paige, I loved your costume! You are too cute! I'm glad you stopped by our house to trick or treat so we could see you! :-)

Mistie

Life Is Great with Eight said...

Paige,

So glad that you decided to dress up this year... AND the pirate costume was adorable. I love your pumpkin head pirate too!

Anonymous said...

Love the costume Paige! You looked adorable.

Anonymous said...

Kim says: Good Job Paige...

Megan said...

Cute costume! I love your pumpkins, too!

Anonymous said...

Paige,
It was nice to see you last night. You have such good manners to share Taryn's fish bowl with her. ;-) Tell your mom that I gave up following her after breakfast this morning. Hope she didn't have to hide very long.