Sunday, September 29, 2013

The in-between house....

When our family decided to move - it was a decision that had to be made somewhat quickly.  So when we decided to change everything and move, we thought that it would be best to take our time making the decisions that we could control.  Which basically meant we were not going to rush into buying a house right away.   Not to have to worry about our house selling super quickly, took a huge stress out of the equation. Because in our mind we were moving to Wahpeton in August whether the house sold or not.  

Because of Gunner, and the fact that we didn't want to go back to apartment life - we were really hoping for a house to rent.  What seemed like a simple task was ANYTHING but!  We couldn't find anything for the longest time.  As the move got closer our options were very few, and luckily we had a family connection and got word on this house that would be ready right when we were planning to move.  It is an old house, and the first time I saw it I wasn't sure I could do it :)  Corey reminded me that it was temporary and we decided that because our options were basically NONE -this was going to be the one. Down to the wire - it was a stress to think we were going to live in what I still refer to as the "frat house".

Thanks to A LOT of help from family - we cleaned, fixed, moved in, and eventually got comfortable!  It isn't anything luxurious but it is home for now - and honestly it's got a lot of character and I am enjoying the old house style - especially because I know that it is temporary.

How long are we staying?  Well if it were up to Corey, it would be very short lived.  But because he's being very patient and sticking to our plan - he agrees that we will stay through the winter for sure to make sure this is where we want to lay roots for good.  This also gives us a chance to really pick an ideal spot and house that will suit all of our needs and hopefully most of our wants :)  

We go back and forth about whether we will buy  or build our next home, but for now come on over to the "frat house" anytime!

Here's a little tour......

The front porch....

The entryway...

The living room, dining room, and entry...

The dining room...

View from the dining room to the Living room...

View from dining room to stairs and kitchen...

Kitchen....

Downstairs Bathroom....


Corey and I's bedroom....


Upstairs bathroom

Upstairs office...


The kids' room.  They are sharing but it is huge :)
 




And just to keep it real - this is a storage room that you will never see on the real tour.  It's been three weeks since I took these photos and honestly I think it looks worse now.  


I complain a lot, but it's really not that bad and we are getting a SWEET deal on rent so I should be thankful.  But to me - it will remain "The Frat House"

0 comments: