* I've seriously been considering staging some fun activities to make it look like we do something exciting around this house. Just nothing blog worthy going on, might have to make something up soon.
* Parker is finally on the mend after being sick for about two weeks. Double ear infection, sinus infection, and then a tummy that can't handle the medicine that he is put on. Put all of that together and then add a husband thats on call and working LOTS of hours means a stressed mom! But we're on the recovery now, and hopefully we stay that way.
* During all of the chaos of sick kids and busy husband, I lost (misplaced??) my wedding ring. You may wonder why I even take it off? Well I've had to have it repaired twice because of broken prongs and a diamond that fell out. So now I don't sleep in it, shower, clean, or give baths with it on. But I also don't leave the house without it on. So I'm hoping its somewhere in the house, but I'm starting to get REALLY worried that it really is lost. Could it have fell in a trash can, down the drain, or did one of the kids walk of with it (which has happened). I do have insurance on it, BUT my husband is not helping with the guilt. What I look at as a SYMBOL of our love he looks at it as our LOVE :)
* I'm in the midst of doing my action research project (thesis) to get my masters degree and it's exhausting. Lots of boring reasearch, a lingering paper in front of me, and lots of hours in front of the computer. Makes me rethink this getting my masters at all.
* My house is a mess. I secretly want a maid to come in once a week, or even once for a really deep cleaning.
* We haven't been to church in a long time and I'm feeling guilty. But then this quote was told to me this morning and I feel better. "Going to church doesn't make you anymore of a Christian than standing in a garage makes you a car." I needed that :) I'm ready to go back because I like church and I miss going with my family.
* We have two neighbors now. It's fine, but I have realized that I don't like to have to be friendly all of the time. In the morning for example, just because we leave at the same time does that mean we have to exchange nice words daily? Or can we just ignore each other until we've dropped our kids (which we love dearly) off at daycare, had our coffee, and regained our sanity for the day. Not having neighbors for five years make a person forget neighborly etiquette.
* Thinking about what I should be doing right now instead of sitting on this computer is making me restless, better get something done before I have a bunch of fifth graders walk in the room.
That was good therapy...who's next with their confessions?
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Connfessions of a not-so-desperate housewife
Written by Unknown at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Good blog Nikki. I may consider doing one! :) It feels good to vent! By the way, you don't have to do something exciting for it to be blog worthy. My blogs have sure not been about anything exciting!
I agree Nikki, it is great to vent. I have been a single mom for almost 2 weeks now, Casey went hunting in Wy.
I hardly wear my wedding ring too. I stopped wearing it when Grady was little and I caught his face with it. I just think of it as it's gonna look pretty good 30 years from now with no wear and tear( think my husband also begs to differ)
Post a Comment